Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mac -N- Cheese Anyone?


I have tried and tested dozens of recipes for baked macaroni and cheese and I have come across some very good ones, however I wanted to come up with one that give you the most bang for the buck meaning lots of cheese and the perfectly cooked pasta and a awesome mouth feel all around. I think I came up with one that just may fit the bill, I cooked this one for thanksgiving as part of a delightful feast. I say give it a try and if you want to tweek it a bit feel free!

Ingredients
1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked - al dente, drained well
2 overflowing cups of sharp cheddar cheese and colby cheese mix, shredded or cut into 1/4-in cubes
1/2 can evaporated milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs, beaten
Season salt - to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper - to taste
Dash or two or three or four of cayenne pepper


Directions
In a bowl, mix cooked and well drained macaroni and cheese together.
In another bowl whisk together eggs, milk,cream, sugar and seasoning.
Pour egg/milk mixture over mac and cheese mixture, stir until well incorporated.
Pour into baking dish or tin, cover with foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
Remove foil, turn on broiler - broil top of mac and cheese until golden brown and bubbly

No comments:

Post a Comment